Congratulations on your engagement! This is such an exciting time of your life...
Planning to throw a party to celebrate? We would love to help...and as an added bonus - book your engagement party with us, and receive 10% discount on your wedding hire!
Be informed & inspired
- Everybody is very happy. I think for me that was the most beautiful, atmospheric and sophisticated Ballroom we have done and that was due to the quality of the things hired from you! Girls very happy and the Ball went very well. Excellent behaviour and I am sure a lot of it is because the students are in such a beautiful setting. they get blown away and a lot of them have never seen anything like it, except for movies!!
Great working with you and I know the girls learned a lot, including sticking to a budget and learning to work together.
Thanks so much.
Kay, Taupo Nui-A-Tia College
- Pete and I were both super happy with your service and products and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you to anyone else in the future.
Thanks for you kind service,
- The venue did look devine ! and the students & teachers had a fabulous time. The centrepieces were stunning !!! and made the room. If you ever buy any more of the large ones I would love to buy 2 off you. Again Many Thanks.
Cheers Kathy Nairn
Taupo Nui-a-Tia College
- The event was fab, everyone was raving about it so I am really happy. The room looked really good and we pulled it off.
Thanks so much for your help, we will be definately be using you guys next time.
Regards, Nikita Knight
- I just wanted to say thank you so much for your help with Stephen's birthday. You were so helpful, positive and professional it made organising the event from Australia so much easier. I really appreciate your time and effort in making the night a fun, relaxed experience for everyone.
Thank you again
Tracey Mickelsen Hill
- A quick note to thank you for your excellent service in providing hire equipment and set up for my Party last Saturday evening. I appreciated the promptness of your service, attending at the time you said you would, and for setting up everything so professionally and nicely. Well done, we are happy to refer you to others.
Kind regards Alan Vane
- Hi Donna This is well overdue! Thank you so much for the gorgeous and elegant table setting you and your team did for John's birthday. ?It was a hit and much talked about. You really brought to life my initial thoughts. ?I know we were a very small part of what you do but you were always professional, patient and creative in the way you approached me. ?Nothing was too much trouble for you. Thanks again Komal
Congratulations - you're engaged! Now, the next step is planning the engagement party! The engagement party officially kicks off the wedding festivities and starts the wedding-day countdown.
Throw a flawless one by following these easy steps:
Top tips for Engagement Parties (0.25MB)
Typically an engagement party is done cocktail or lounge style. This will allow you to create a classy, yet relaxed setting which allows for plenty of guest interaction. Keep the food small, serving continuous mini-sized appetizers and cocktails. The real trick here is not to upstage the wedding - there is no need to go overboard - remember, the point is to celebrate your engagement. If you have an idea of the theme and style you want to use for your wedding, introduce elements of it into your engagement party...as this will help create consistency and cohesion when it comes to the big day itself. But if you are not sure on this part yet...not to worry :)
Perfect hire items for your cocktail style engagement party include: Cocktail furniture, LED furniture, lighting and effects, sound equipment, bar leaners, a dramatic entrance or backdrop, dance floors and pretty centerpieces.
If you prefer to keep things simple, then why not throw a BBQ in the back yard for your engagement party. Think wine barrels, umbrellas, bar stations, heaters, furniture and decorations.
If the budget allows, include a few small floral arrangements to perk up the space. This is also a great way to try out our florist services, to see if we are what you want for your wedding.
Once again congratulations! Enjoy this time, and please get in touch if we can be of any assistance with your engagement party plans. Feel free to visit us in our Taupo based showroom for inspiration and ideas.